It’s time to put on your green and celebrate the Feast of St. Patrick! Whether you plan on traditional festivities harkening back to the original religious holiday of the 17th century, or you want to party USA style by enjoying some corned beef and cabbage and green beer, at Antiquity NOW we say, “Éirinn go Brách!” Here are some links to help you celebrate the green isle:
- Bon Appetit Wednesday! Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day With Ancient Irish Oatcakes– Here’s a delicious and healthy way to get in touch with being Irish, whatever your nationality.
- Bon Appetit Wednesday! Asparagus With Curry Butter: The Ancient History of Golden, Buttery Deliciousness– Nothing is more Irish than butter.
- Corned Beef and Cabbage: as Irish as Spaghetti and Meatballs– The history of corned beef and cabbage courtesy of History.com.
- St. Patrick’s Day, Leprechauns and Human Folly– AntiquityNOW’s fascinating look at the origin of St. Patrick’s Day and that little green guy, the leprechaun.
- Brilliance or Blarney: The St. Patrick’s Day Traditions Quiz– A quiz about the truth behind St. Patrick’s Day traditions, courtesy of How Stuff Works.
- In Search of Ancient Ireland– A brilliant collection of information illuminating the beautiful and rich history of an ancient people, courtesy of PBS.