This year’s theme for the International Day of the Girl is “Innovating for Girls’ Education.” Today we honor women throughout history who paved the way for girls and women to become forces for change in their communities and around the globe. Each of these women, through their refusal to be marginalized, and their tenacity and curiosity, fought for their rights as human beings. They confronted many challenges during times when because of their sex they had little or no rights. Through their steadfast contributions, these women continue to be examples for girls today of how to stand strong and make a difference in their worlds.
Give to AntiquityNOW
- 9/14 is #AskACurator day! Is your favorite museum participating? ow.ly/kqyh3048gFC 1 year ago
- RT @ancientorigins: Unraveling the #Mystery of the Great #Pyramid Air-Shafts - buff.ly/2czgH0Y https://t.co/Ysa9oQYZWq 1 year ago
- RT @UNESCO: #Unite4Heritage & share your photos of built heritage on @Wikipedia with #wikilovesmonuments on.unesco.org/wlmcompetition https://t.… 1 year ago
- New find may crack the code to Etruscan language! ow.ly/G21e3045pnM #history #ancient #language #archaeology 1 year ago
- RT @GroovyHistorian: stone mask from pre-ceramic neolithic period dates to 7000 BC and is probably the oldest mask in the world #history h… 1 year ago