We’ve reached the end of August and school is nearly back in session. Whether you’re a student, teacher or parent it’s not too late for a refresher on ancient Asian history. We’re bringing you a selection of blog posts and links illustrating the beauty and richness of ancient Asiatic cultures as well as their continuing influence today.
And don’t miss our free curriculum, “Yesterday’s Child: The Tale of Yong and Bao, Learning About the Life and Legacy of China’s First Emperor,” which includes a free children’s book, lesson plan, resources, activities and more!
For a look at how ancient Asian cultures influence our present and future, check out our blog posts:
EAST, SOUTHEAST AND CENTRAL ASIA:
- Buildings of the Future With Foundations in the Ancient Past
- Celebrating Buddha’s Birthday: 1,800 Years of Buddhist Art Preserved by 21st Century Virtual Reality
- Cultural Racketeering and Why it Matters: Robbing the World of History
- Happy Valentine’s Day! The Power of Love (Pssst—It’s All in the Eyes and Nose)
- The History of Fireworks: Celebrating Life’s Moments in Color, Light and Sound
- It’s Hot, Hot, Hot! Ancient Methods of Keeping It Cool
- Hot Fudge Sundae: A Dessert 5,000 Years in the Making
- In Praise of Teachers—4,000 Years of Preparing the Next Generation
- Looking for Natural Skin Care Tips? Ancient Chinese Empresses and Concubines Share Their Recipes
- Maps, Part I: Defining and Explaining our Past, Present and Future and Maps, Part 2: Defining and Explaining our Past, Present and Future
- Mulan: The Journey From Ancient Tale to Disney Blockbuster
- Nature, Ecotherapy and a Peek into the Past Through National Parks
- The Nepal Earthquake: Cultural Heritage and the Soul of a People
- Newly Discovered Cheese Isn’t Just Aged, It’s Ancient!
- The Origins of Golf
- Qin Shi Huang’s China: The Secret Tomb of the First Chinese Emperor Remains an Unopened Treasure
- Remembering the 75th Anniversary of The Wizard of Oz: The Ancient Voice of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”
- The Rose in History: Power, Beauty and the Sweet Smell of Success
- The Summer Solstice: From Ancient Celebration to a Modern Day at the Beach
- Yakety-Yak, How We Do Talk Back: The Hydraulic Telegraph of Aeneas – Long-distance Communication of Antiquity